Friday, January 13, 2012

Considering myself a novice writer there are many talents I hope to gain in English 102.  The most pressing idea on my mind would be the ability to structure my papers, of any length, as concisely as possible.  While processing my draft I always seem to think of more that could be said to further emphasize, or just to make things more clear to a reader.  The hard part of that would be placing the information in the appropriate place.  The information given should be arranged in the most balanced form so that it all adds up.  I may view something in my mind a certain way, but explaining it another way may be a better option at times.  Being able to have a resource to figure out what those options are is going to be very helpful.  The task of rearranging my ideas so they appear more clear to others isn't always easy.  Also, being able to tell when things are over emphasized would be helpful.  I would like to be able to understand how I may be stressing a thought to much, thus throwing my other thoughts out of balance.  Being able to create a balanced paper where things are all emphasized equally is a goal I have set for English 102.   

No comments:

Post a Comment